- PROFESSIONAL PROFILES
- PRACTICE AREAS
- Community Service
With offices in California and Nevada, Sutton Hatmaker Law Corporation focuses on creating and maintaining Devoted Service Relationships. Together the firm’s founding attorneys, Brett Sutton and Susan Hatmaker, bring extensive experience in counseling clients on labor and employment law matters and aggressively representing clients in litigation of employment law cases before federal and state courts and administrative agencies.
Both Mr. Sutton and Ms. Hatmaker are dedicated to fostering a more personal and accessible attorney-client relationship. The firm’s attorneys have in-depth litigation experience in a variety of employment matters. This comprehensive litigation experience has helped achieve notable results such as:
- Dismissal of wage and hour class action case on behalf of employer after successful depositions of class representatives.
- Court-ordered dismissal and awarded attorney’s fees following successful anti-SLAPP motion in an employment case.
- Jury trial defense verdict under difficult circumstances on behalf of a law firm sued for sexual harassment.
- Federal court defense trial verdict in an ADA-workplace discrimination case on behalf of a government-funded agency.
- Multiple summary judgment motions granted on behalf of employers in workplace discrimination cases.
- Trial verdict on behalf of an employer in a union strike case that was eventually upheld by the full National Labor Relations Board in Washington, D.C. in precedent-setting decision.